Friday, September 07, 2007

Wicker is the France of furniture

I bought some surround sound speakers but they only partially surrounded me and I easily escaped. Come on out, they called on one of those bull-horn things that also plays the Mexican Hat Dance and the High Ho Silver tune, come on out for you are partially surrounded. Surrounded with our sound. It is foolish to resist. You have only two ears.

And they were right, just the two. So I threw a leather recliner through the window as a distraction and wrote a short poem

Chair chair over there
You used to be over here
Wtf?
They backed off after that and I was granted safe passage. My hand was stamped in case I wanted to return later. I don’t think I will, but the stamp is nice. It says FAXED, but not in a slutty way.

I don’t think you believe me. I really don’t think you do. It wasn’t a chair you know, it was a recliner. Damn it. They’re action furniture. They get the job done.

The speakers have since re-grouped and have the coffee table in a classic pincer movement but there’s nothing I can do there. The table was weak, it will fall before dawn, and I will have to get an ottoman or a short Turkish man to rest my feet on after dinner.

1 comment:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

A short Turkish man. Like a minor Asian?

Oh, I kill me.