Monday, December 04, 2006

Sunrise On The Second Floor

I have found, in the office environment, its not correct to yell out “HAHAHA EAT THIS FUCKERS” as you deposit 10 (ten, dix, V) big, fat, completed jobs in the tray. So I just set them there and tip-toed away. A shriek was heard from the downstairs office as I neared the top of the stairs.

I can see the sun rising on my stack of plans and files and the makings for 15 assorted offices, lunchrooms, meeting rooms, and blah blah rooms are about to hit the factory, delivered as promised, today. People who, all along, have been about as helpful as a hangnail (I got that one down at Boy Howdy’s Colloquialism Hut, out by the airport), people who offer to order you lunch and then forget, people who shrug when asked the most basic of questions like “Do we own any more copy paper, anywhere…at all?” These people now find themselves very very busy. Like the silly grasshopper who played all summer while the industrious ant was building an aphid ranching empire, they find they have 7 (seven, sept, VII) days to complete 10 jobs with 5 more to follow PLUS (and, +, as well as) everything the other two planners spew out. HA I say again.

But I won’t get too cocky in public until it’s all built and installed, with no fuck-ups. It’s by no means the biggest job we have going, but it’s the biggest I’ve ever worked on and there are about a thousand (1000, mille, many, see: shit-load) ways it can go wrong yet.

4 comments:

Vivalacrap said...

no ten prjects deserves some cocky.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I hate those fuckers that offer to buy you lunch and then forget. Fuck those fuckers right in the fuck hole!

SkookumJoe said...

well said, both.

citizen***146 said...

Understated, quiet ,industrious work, then pull out the pin and just watch the panic, LOVE IT!