Friday, December 08, 2006

White Christmas Unlikely

Goldangit I forgot my power supply for JR at work for the second day in a row. I’m already at 50% batteries and it’s the weekend. First thing tomorrow I am going to have to rise early, hitch up the team and journey across the river into Town to hunt down a second power supply, and a spare battery if they are in season. I bet I’ll go to every computer shop in town and they will either not stock it, have just sold out, or plain never heard of it. I’m picturing myself saying “Nooooo, Hewlet-Packard has been around a while, I’m pretty sure. I actually bought it here…in this store…two months ago…from you.”

Meanwhile P’s 3 and 4 and myself are off to Carols By Candlelight in the park up the village. Says here it starts at 6:30pm….Christ sake (hmm, I suppose it is too) it’s 36c outside with a sun that’ll take the paint off your car in an afternoon and they expect us to go stand under it holding an open flame and singing songs – Christmas songs at that. I think we’ll mosey up there a little later when the frogs get going, the mosquitoes rise up and its safe outside for white people. Hey, Australia’s got the world’s highest skin cancer rate you know. Somebody broke the ozone layer over Antarctica and there’s bloody ultra-violet light getting in everywhere.

4 comments:

citizen***146 said...

Did a christmas in Perth (WA not Scotland) many years ago.
If I close my eyes really tight, I can remember slipping through the cool blue water on my way to a christmas dinner someone else was making!
Lastnight it was -11 here and my face nearly fell off en route for pizza, Don`t complain about all that warmth!

Wisdom Weasel said...

You can have some of our bloody snow if you like. It wasn't supposed to come today, but it did. Bloody Nova Scotia was supposed to get it but instead it is all over my drive.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

How does a Canadian deal with having Xmas in the summer?

SkookumJoe said...

in australia a roaring fire at christmas usually means the lights were faulty.