Thursday, March 08, 2007

I never met a Mongolian tax accountant I didn't like

Excellent news! One of the designers in our branch office and I get along pretty well, she was hired only a couple months before me and was new to the industry so we share info and help each other out where we can. I can show her ways to cut cost in her designs (bigger commission for her) and she returns the favour by having all that shit worked out for me ahead of time, making my life a lot simpler. She’s pretty cool and I like her, and I don’t like many people, or more accurately couldn’t give a shit one way or the other about most.

TURNS OUT SHE IS MARRIED TO THE MANAGER OF THE STORE WHERE I BOUGHT MY DISHWASHER.

Now most yobbos would have already marched down to the shop and demanded their money back, raised a big stink and probably eventually got their way. And I admit after the third breakage I was getting close to doing so, but once again patience and considered action has delivered the answer. This is so much better. This way I get my dishwasher fixed, strengthen my work relationship and can probably get a good price on a plasma screen when I’m ready to buy one. Going around demanding things may get you justice and a hollow sense of rightness in the world, maybe, but it sure as shit won’t get you a plasma screen TV for wholesale.

In other news P4 spent ten minutes explaining why she preferred the book version of The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe over the movie version - in clear, well thought-out statements, strung together in a coherent line. Glory be, there’s a light in there!

1 comment:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Are you sure she's human? P4, I mean.