Sunday, March 04, 2007

Stupid Music Quiz #4

Winner of last week’s quiz was Amanda.


1) Due to copyright laws this band appeared one time only as The Knobs. Led Zepplin

2) Les Paul, often called the Grandfather of the electric guitar, is real-life grandad to this Joker. Steve Miller - Exxy

3) This band takes it’s name from a steam-powered sex toy which featured in William S. Boroughs’ novel Naked Lunch. Steely Dan - Amanda

4) One of Buddy Holly’s original Crickets, this country legend went on to narrate the TV series The Dukes of Hazzard for which he wrote and performed the theme song. Waylon Jennings

5) There is a statue in the town of “Montreux, on the Lake Geneva shore” honouring this song. Smoke On The Water - Amanda

6) In 1976 London City councillor Bernard Brook Partridge declared that this band “…would be vastly improved by sudden death . . .” He was referring to? The Sex Pistols - Citizen 146

7) She was known as Christine Perfect before she married bassist Mac. Christine McVie

8) Former backing musicians for Linda Ronstadt, this band imploded after its members got into a brawl following their 1980 concert in Long Beach, Ca. They reunited in 1994. The Eagles

9) The title of the film Risky Business comes from the lyrics to what Talking Heads song (which also appears on the soundtrack)? This question is no longer in play. After further checking I find there are 11 songs on the Risky Business soundtrack, NONE by Talking Heads. My appologies and a curse upon Wikapedia and the stupid fan site which both said it was Swamp.

10) In 1985 the parents of 20 year old James Vance claimed their son committed suicide after listening to “subliminal” messages supposedly contained in songs by this band…? Judas Priest

4 comments:

citizen***146 said...

6. sex pistols

Amanda said...

I won last week?
woo hoo!
I don't want the dead rat.
#3 I think it's Steely Dan, I haven't read the book but (naturally)I have seen the film and I seem to remember that from the trivia.
#10. wild guess...Metallica?
#5 it's something to do with Smoke on the Water?

SkookumJoe said...

When I read the title of Risky Business came from the song Swamp, which does indeed have a line which mentions "risky business"...it sounded a little too convenient. Been nagging me for a couple days so I looked up the soundtrack on Amazon and there is not one single Talking Heads song on it.

This causes a dilema since my encyclopedic knowledge of music is limited to odd stuff like who played guitar for Jack Green (Ritchie Blackmore) - problem is nobody except me ever heard of Jack Green.

Now I find the internet is full of lies and I can't be bothered to research any harder than that...what will happen now?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Is #2 Steve Miller?

I'm too lazy to look it up.