Sunday, February 18, 2007

More Stupid Music Questions

And from nowhere Exxy swoops in to dominate the (as of yet non existent) competition with an amazing 11 correct out of ten! But we subtract 1 for the Quincy Jones name drop giving her a perfect ten out of ten. Also I couldn't figure out how to award 1.1 kangaroos.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, let's have another crack at this. Took me all week to think them up.
The prize this week is the other half of last week's kangaroo.


1) Name the only clean-shaven member of ZZ-Top


Frank Beard - Exxy

2) This band takes its name from mysterious lights reported by US pilots during WWII which they called…? Foo- Fighters Exxy

3) Guitar legends Jimmy Paige, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton all did time in this band…? The yardbirds - Exxy

4) Who played clarinet on the Van Halen cover of “Big Bad Bill (Is Sweet William Now)” on the album Diver Down? Jan Van Halen - Exxy



5) Who played the guitar solo on Michael Jackson’s mega-hit “Thriller”? Eddie Van Halen, except it was on "Beat It" - 2 points Exxy
6) Named in the Guiness Book of Records as “the most popular song in the English language”, this tune’s copyright runs out in 2030. Happy Birthday To You - Exxy...all the rest too.

7) Paul Simon listed “make a new plan, Stan” as one of what? 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, not including stabbing.

8) Name of the sheriff Bob Marley shot? John Brown

9) After 10 singles in the top 10, this band finally had a number one hit with “Money For Nothing” in 1985. Dire Straits

10) What is the very last line of the Rolling Stones hit “Start Me Up”? You make a dead man cum

11 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

Van Halen were obviously heavily influenced by the Baboon Army logo.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

1. Frank Beard

2. Foo Fighters

3. The Yardbirds. (Would you believe I learned the answer to this on a sex blog?)

4. The dad, Jan. (I played the clarinet in grade school. Gotta love those woodwinds.)

5. Are you sure you're not talking about "Beat It"? That featured Jan's soon Eddie and was also produced by Quincy Jones. Who I worked for in high school. He's short. And round.

6. "Happy Birthday to You"

7. 50 ways to leave your lover (though I say stabbing them is probably the best).

8. John Brown

9. Dire Straits

10. "You, you make a dead man cum" or "You make a dead man cry." Which is it?

Can I have a whole kangaroo now? Or do I get it in 2 pieces?

SkookumJoe said...

you rock! I forgot you know a lot of musicians. Also I stand corrected on Beat It - I hate Michael Jackson.

Dead man cum is the very last line at least that I hear before it fades out completely.

Did you really know all of them without looking any up? Man I gotta make them harder.

P4 is sewing up the kangaroo, can't guarantee it will still hop straight.

Amanda said...

I didn't want to admit that I knew exactly none of those, but now I have anyway....

Wisdom Weasel said...

Why is it that every time you have a fun quiz I'm away from my computers for a couple of days. More notice, man!

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

From "nowhere"? Please.

Sorry about the name dropping. He's the only famous person I know, and I gotta get my worth out of it somehow, no?

Was that French of me?

SkookumJoe said...

oh don't be sensitive. I was trying to sound like a sportscaster a la Bill Murray in Caddy Shack.

It's "frenchish", lower case f...and no, you weren't being so.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

There's a Honda Element commercial over here where the SUV is having a conversation with a frenchish penguin that ends all his sentences with "no?" I was trying to sound like him.

Clearly the imitation didn't work for either of us.

SkookumJoe said...

Weasle I'll be doing these on Sundays for the next little while until I run out

SkookumJoe said...

slash and sting


but I had to look up slash

and what Police song is sting parodying in that song?

SkookumJoe said...

yup