Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Enter My Stupid Contest

Sandra's giving out book reading tickets and Exoterica's giving...of herself and I just felt like I needed to have a contest too. Being cool and accepted is important to me.

First Tuesday in November today. Phones went off the hook at 1pm, BBQ was fired up, beer, wine, champagne, stinky cheese and biscuits. Our company was only one of thousands across the country doing the same and at 3:05pm we all gathered around the TV with it’s fuzzy reception for the event. In five minutes it was over, there were whoops of joy and mumbled curses and then some people went home and others stayed behind to drink. Grimey took his beer upstairs and went back to work.

Tell me, you strange people who read this crap, what was this event that stopped the nation today and does so every year?

The prize is an old washing machine I’ve got breeding mosquitos out back. You gotta pick it up. And bring a bucket to put the mossies in. I won't be home, mind the dogs.

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Does it have anything to do with horses, and hunky Aussie men?

Sandra said...

Oops, it's picture #7 wot I wuz referring to.

citizen***146 said...

I get up early by mistake, to find that all the bright people make a habit of it. Anyhow I have enough mosquito`s here.

SkookumJoe said...

Now that wasn't too hard was it? Yes Sandra knows it's the Melbourne Cup, an official public holiday in Victoria and it may as well be everywhere else.

Sandra wins a lovely washing machine, which does not include mosquitos. (Hence the bucket Citizen 146.) With the amount she travels I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up to claim it.

Thanks for playing.

SJ

SkookumJoe said...

ps. Sandra. The hunky fella in the picture was actually British. I saw it on the news.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Oh Skooky! Why don't you play the game I tagged you with that Sandra tagged me with? Then you can give away real prizes. Like chocolate.

Sandra said...

And kisses. But just on the cheek. None of your harem want to piss off Mrs Joe.

Sandra said...

PS: Well that's all right, 'cause I'm Norn Irish.

PPS: Woo hoo, I won! When's a good time to pick up the machine?

SkookumJoe said...

Oh Exxy! Because I'm old and didn't understand the rules. I thought I was just supposed to answer your thing-a-jiggy.

Sandra, Yes, the Irish are well liked in Australia. The Brits, not so much. Mostly because they dress up like that, get fully pissed and then urinate on things.

Drop by anytime. I know I said I wouldn't be home, but seeing as it's you...

Oh, and nobody wants to piss off Mrs. Joe, it just happens.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Ooh, I like the name Exxy! That's totally gonna stick like a fried egg on the sidewalk.

Okay, ick.

Anyway, you were both supposed to play AND then answer the questions yourself, hence #9. And stop blaming the fact that you're old. P4 is keeping you young.