Monday, July 16, 2007

tornados hardly ever do any good

curvature
negligible
pachyderm menace on our shores

two words and a phrase I have had occasion to use today. Had you spoken to me this morning at 6am as I left for work, I would have been surprised, for you blog people don’t exist, at least not in my carport, and I would further have told you I had absolutely no intention of using either of those words or that phrase today. You would have been surprised and a little hurt at my outburst, especially after coming all the way from blog land and hanging out in my carport all night in near freezing weather. And I wouldn’t blame you one bit. There’s nothing to do in my carport except count the oil spots which of course you couldn’t do in the dark. Next time, if you tell me you are coming, I’ll leave a lighter out there for you or, if you tell me both that you are coming AND that you enjoy fire in a bad way, I’ll leave you one of those chemical sticks you shake up and they glow. You can pretend you’re calling in an air strike or something. Whatever you do don’t actually call in an air strike or knock on the door or try to crawl under the house for warmth. Just stay in the carport and count the spots, I’ll get to you.

1 comment:

exile said...

oh man, dont' get me started with carports... they itch like hell