Tuesday, April 18, 2006

x

Ok, are you all sick of the rubber ball? Look, I thought of it in the shower, spent ten minutes on it and whacked it up there. Also it only works in Australia where the term “fully sick” was last year’s “cool”…but its now found its way into the mainstream and is, therefore, no longer cool. That was sort of the point…most advertising runs just behind the trend (and most sitcoms, several years).

I see by the weather thing it is 26c in Sydney, but it feels 29! And that’s really what matters isn’t it? How it feels. Toronto is only 6c but it also feels 6c…they are sensible in Canada you see. You can’t tell a cop “Well, I may have been doing 120km/h, but it felt like I was only going 50.”

And just who decides what it “feels” like anyway? Is it just one person, a local volunteer at the airport perhaps? Or is it a committee, a many-chambered black heart of bureaucracy not to be trusted? What happens when the person retires or dies? Does the weather feel different? Do you get to vote for the weather feeler? My mother would say it feels cold all the time. I wouldn’t vote for her. Not after that last scandal.

No comments: