Monday, July 24, 2006

The Big Escape


...and off we went! Grampa was pulling on the steering sticks and I had my wool hat and we soon got up to speed. Grampa was so pleased to be out of the asylum and to see his old tricycle from the war that all he could do was call out "oooohh-eeee" as we whistled down the lanes and through the villages. All the shop-keeps came out to cheer us on and some of the school children threw clods of mud at us, all in good fun of course. "Ooooohh-eee", cried Grampa, "ooooohh-eee ooooohh-eee!"

On and on we went along the canals and through the vineyards until eventually the front wheel fell off the tricycle. "Ooohh-AHHH" cried Grampa but by then it was almost dark and I was sick of this shit. I got out my phone to call Judy. Crazy old bastard, I said, why couldn't he just pick me up in the Mazda?

7 comments:

exile said...

my mazda runs on atleast 6 geezer power

SkookumJoe said...

the RX7 of course had a rotary geezer

exile said...

on my way to work today i accidently slipped my truck into second geezer and nearly stripped it.

luckily i recently had my geezer box lubed up a Jiffy Prune, so no harm.

Unknown said...

Those rotary engines use a few more qts of prune juice than standard engines. If you don't stay on top of the maintenance, they'll start spewing blue smoke and talking 'bout FDR and the New Deal.

SkookumJoe said...

what sort of geezer do they use in NASCAR H. Wood (not H. from India, who still hasn't been back)

Unknown said...

Mostly the red geezers in NASCAR. Sometimes they use the blue ones, but they always try to keep the black ones out.

SkookumJoe said...

I have found you can sometimes use a codger if there are no geezers available...also duffers will work in a pinch.