Tuesday, August 21, 2007

bricks were invented in 1958

Exxy, also known as GPG (Get Pirate Gold? Go Pinch Gilbert? Gather People’s Garters?) and a charter compound member, has decided everybody should get 3 guesses in the find the baboon compound contest. So be it.

Been raining here and the crick’s getting high. Just the other day they said we’re still partly in drought. I guess not this part because the roads are washing away. They don’t build them very well in NSW. Not like those Queensland roads, they got nice roads there. And bananas. Lotta bananas and pineapples and sugar cane and Great Barrier Reefs. Well they only have one of those but it’s a pretty good one. Very reefy.

P3 and P4 both won State Championships for cheerleading with their respective teams and are going to Nationals in September. I’m hoping this will help them achieve my dream for them, to be stunt women in an independent film about cheerleaders who have to fight nazi space alien terrorists. I need some squibs.

I’m watching a documentary on the history of the brick. I know. I gotta slow down.

4 comments:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I'm very surprised your daughters are cheerleaders. I would have suspected them to be disenchanted goth-like children who outwardly spurn school spirit while secretly praying to the goth gods to make them cool.

Guess I was wrong.

SkookumJoe said...

actually it wasn't for school, more of a district squad. also remember cheerleaders here are not those impossibly chipper types like in the US.

As for goths, they are just trendy the opposite way. I like my kids to set their own trends.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Sometimes I forget that you're part of a different culture. You upside down types are strange.

SkookumJoe said...

yeah. It's us. That's it.