Monday, August 06, 2007

Das Coffee Cup




Did I ever tell you about the time I was on a submarine? I worked this big console and it had lots of buttons and lights and gauges. What the console did was classified, they didn’t tell me much…

“Just load the racks with dirty dishes, slide them in here, close the door and push the red button. Watch the temperature stays up.”

Who knows what the red button really did, but I thought the dishwasher disguise was very clever.

Ok, it wasn’t a submarine. It was an nuclear powered underwater coffee shop. To fool the Ruskies, it was parked on Main Street between the bakery and the variety store. Nobody expects an underwater coffee shop on dry land.

It was a brilliant tactic.

But after a while I couldn’t handle the pressure. Every 5 minutes push the red button, faster faster here comes the lunch rush! More bleach, damn it. Oh no, table of 5 incoming! Ahhhhhh…..(!)

Actually I got another job, transporting nitro glycerine across a rugged mountain range in a rickety French bistro.

No comments: