Saturday, August 18, 2007

Let's Play Baboon Squares

After months of searching for a suitable site for the mutant baboon army compound I am able to announce one has been found and purchased by Mrs Joe and myself. They all said I was crazy, that I couldn’t do it, that I smelled like wet burlap and damn it they were mostly right. I may be a musty smelling maniac but I have my baboon army compound and nobody can take it away. Except the bank if I forget to pay for it. But I left myself a note, so that won’t happen. Anymore.

Somewhere in this long range satellite photogram is the Actual Baboon Compound. Those of you who are already members will want to find it and stake out your areas. Anybody else will want to find it just because it’s something to do instead of facing another bleak day filled with nothing.



So click the photo to get a good look, then click BACK when you think you’ve spotted it. Tell me your guess in the comments section. As you can see I already guessed square D7, but I got it wrong. You’ll do better.

Pick your square and I’ll announce the winner next Sunday. I’ll take suggestions on a prize.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that there is a falcon-duck genetic alteration plant under one of those hills.

Beware of violent quacking.

My guess is G8, as I can see a letter from your primitive bamboon alphabet carved into the grass.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

If I were to buy a compound, it would straddle 8D and 6#. There seems to be a hill there, with some shade. A well-shaded upper position is effective against an enemy. 4S is another good location, especially if you want to build a pool. Which I do.

SkookumJoe said...

Yes that's all fine and good, Exxy, but the compound is where it is...did you want to have a guess?

Anonymous said...

I reckon A2. But Exxy's definitely onto something with her pool idea.

Wisdom Weasel said...

I'm going with G3- looks like a fake crater, much like a Bond villain's fake volcano.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I gave 3 guesses! So what if it's cheating?

SkookumJoe said...

Ohhhhh. the whole "If I were to buy a compound" line made me think you were speculating, pondering, musing...not guessing.

Ok 3 guesses for everybody then.

Any suggestions for a prize anybody?

And by the way we are building a pool.

Anonymous said...

Right, then my other two guesses are R2 and D3. Prize? Glory of winning and exclusive bragging rights. And a postcard from the compound.

Unknown said...

I'd have to say R4. You need a laboratory close by when dealing with mutant baboons.