Sunday, August 26, 2007

Canary In A Cardboard Box

The pile of cardboard boxes in the kitchen, waiting to be packed, spoke…

P4: You can’t see me.
SJ: No I can’t.
P4: (giggle)
SJ: Are you in that cardboard box?
P4: I’m in my palace.
SJ: Palace eh? You won’t want to move with us then, you’ll want your palace. We can set it up out back under the tree and you can live down there at the end of the garden.
P4: Nah. I think I want out now.
SJ: No, no you stay in your castle, your Majesty. It’s too common and average out here for someone as refined as you.
P4: No, really I want out.
SJ: What’s the matter? Lonely all by yourself in that big empty mansion?
P4: No, I farted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should read the book THE ROAD, by Cormak McCarthy.

SkookumJoe said...

if it's so good you'd buy it for me and send it to me by express orbital courier. But so far you haven't quite done that have you?