Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Rrrrr?

It's long been known women communicate in a complex sub-language which is impenetrable to human males and most dogs. Neither of my dogs understand a word my wife says, although I get most of it. The dogs understand me ok- sit, stay, did you do that? - but for the Missus they just smile and nod, suspecting her to be insane but wishing to be polite. If this doesn't work they might try a few tricks, hoping to stumble across whatever the hell it is she wants. This is because dogs are like men in that they have no idea what women are saying yet it's in their interest to appear that they do. And for both it's a time of great stress...for if you get it wrong there'll be no bone tonight.

7 comments:

exile said...

"yeah, she could give-a-dog-a-bone"

i tend to do the same thing your dogs do, i try to shake, and if that doesn't work i play dead.

either way i wind up begging, the only diff is atleast a dog can lick it's own...

Unknown said...

I'm with Exile on this. Like a dog, I sit there with my tongue hanging out and nod my head when a woman talks to me. I only pick up on select words and salivate when she rings a bell.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

You're both retarded.

Amanda said...

if men just tried listening.....

SkookumJoe said...

learn to speak male...it involves getting to the bloody point.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I'll give you that some women are crazy and/or long winded. Why you men marry them is beyond me.

exile said...

exo- we do it because we think that it's a promise of sex for life

you give the dog table scraps just once and he keeps sniffing around the table...