Friday, September 08, 2006

If you worked here, you'd be home by now

Bit of good news today. I found out I may eventually be able to work from home. They will get whatever techno-gizmo is required to connect my home comp to their local net over the phone line, so then I can access files etc from home.
This fucking rocks. An office that already has all my stuff in it.
This will be some time away yet as I have a shitload to learn in the next few months. But there's a chance....oh lordy let there be a chance
  • no need to set an alarm
  • no 40 minute drive each way
  • no fuel costs
  • private office with shower, toilet, kitchen, media center, sleeping area.
  • good excuse to get a laptop
  • more exposure to Persons 3 and 4
  • oh my god, the tax write-offs...phone line, laptop, PDA, wide screen LCD television...I mean computer monitor.

No need to get all het up just yet. But it's out there.

4 comments:

exile said...

why do i sense there will be a lot more blog posts written while naked...

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Wait, over the phone line? Won't that be really slow? And frustrating?

Though naked working does have its upside.

SkookumJoe said...

ADSL line exo, plenty fast enough.

I never mentioned naked, figured you and exile would come up with that on your own.

I had an odd dream about you exo, you and H. Wood and me were in Vancouver for some reason. Are you and H going on a trip or something?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Not that I know of...that's extremely strange. Did you get my email, is that what led to it?