Monday, September 11, 2006

JC



Been a Johnny Cash weekend. First song I can remember, when I was four, is Ring Of Fire. I remember wondering where exactly this ring of fire was, where it went and what the fuck held it up? I suspected he didn't mean a real ring of fire, but what then? Grownups were complicated.

I found three whole Johnny Cash albums, uh, somewhere and was listening to Cocaine Blues when the Missus came home and said she'd brought Walk The Line on DVD. Person 4 was out at a sleep-over or committing arson or something and I'm not sure if Person 3 was home or not. Never am. Anyway it's rare the Missus and I are home at the same time, never mind a Saturday night, so we settled in to watch the movie.

I only fell asleep for a bit in the middle, which is no indication of a movie's entertainment value, it's just me. But I thought it was pretty good anyway. Even picked up the old gee-tar for the first time in a while.

8 comments:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Good movie. "Ring of Fire" was one of my favorite songs before I knew what a Johnny Cash was.

Keep on strummin' that guitar.

exile said...

that song always reminds me to wear a condom

i mean, Urethra Of Fire is pretty self explanitory


WWJCD?
(What would Johnny Cash Do?)

Unknown said...

I used to have discussions with friends on the "coolest man alive". I got most of the to agree it was Cash. But since his death, no one can agree.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Since his death, the coolest man alive is clearly Skookum Joe. Duh.

SkookumJoe said...

yes it was my plan all along to wait until I was in my thirties, move to Australia, start an obscure blog and become the coolest man alive...all so I could prove Randy Thompson wrong who called me a dork in grade 8. I thought it would take longer.

Fuck you Randy!

NYD said...

Found the true meaning to ring of fire last time I ate a super hot curry with habenero peppers.

couldn't smoke while on the shit stool fer three days

exile said...

i heard Randy Thompson has a clone of X-1, we better start making some progress of these so called tables might just turn.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

So what are you going to do with the rest of your life, SJ? It's hard when you peak so early.