Friday, January 26, 2007

Oi, it's Australia Day


Happy Australia Day everybody. The one day a year when the world stops and says “funny I was just thinking about kangaroos, and Rupert Murdoch” and then goes on about its business. Unlike other countries’ National Days, not much goes on here. The Prime Minister probably made a speech and of course we all got the day off work except me because I’m Canadian and Mrs Joe because she’s a nurse and old people still shit themselves on Australia Day.

That’s right, I have spent the day working at home and I will work tomorrow and Sunday too, for there is lots to do with Grimey on his way out. Let’s also not forget that I’ll be negotiating my new salary in a few days.

But enough is enough for one day. Time to sit back, smoke much pot and watch the re-mastered version of Apocalypse Now wot I got for Christmas. I now have 12 speakers in 8.1 surround sound…..


Ahhh….the dark strains of The Doors…here we go….I love the smell of kangaroos in the morning.

No comments: