Thursday, June 07, 2007

invest in vengence

There’s an ad here for an investment firm. It’s a little skit where a seated man says to his man-servant - a handsome, fit looking, 40-ish man who is dusting a vase - “Michael, would you get me a cup of coffee please.”

“Certainly sir.”, Michael says with a twinkle in his eye, “Right away.”

Then KAZAM! Guess what these marketing geniuses did? That’s right, they switched the roles. Now our pal Mike is in the chair and the pasty older man is the butler – “Jeremy “, says Mike, “would you get me a cup of coffee please?”

“Certainly sir”, says Jerry, “right away.” And he looks into the middle ground as though he can’t quite figure out how he got there. And there, just there, the briefest hint of his inner rage, like a shadow passing behind his eyes.

And you think ‘that guy’s probably an alcoholic paedophile, he deserves to be the butler, serves him right. That Michael is a saint for even keeping him around. I think I’ll invest all my money with that company for they promise me not only a fair return on investment but also cold hard revenge on those who have wronged me or hired me as their butler’.

But then you realize you have no money to invest. So it’s back to plan A, with the gun-powder and the ferrets.

2 comments:

Wisdom Weasel said...

With a few bucks invested pretty soon the new guy will be bringing you the chair.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Is it possible to just invest $7? Because that's what I have on me.

Thank god I got me a sugar daddy for the summer.