Saturday, October 14, 2006

Haiku You (time adjusted)

Some new fangled Japanese fad the Boy Wizard and his pals are pushing. Crazy poems that don't even rhyme. It's sure to fade away like back alley abortions and skateboards. But what the hell, old Skook is hep and down with the kids so here's a fucking month's worth. Now leave me alone.

No, woman don’t cry
No don’t cry woman for me
Cry not, you woman.

Never poke a corpse
With a long and sharpened stick
Internal gasses.


Go wait in the car
I am buying bullets here
They sell no ice cream.

My dogs have no time
To chase things all day, they bark
And never shoot smack.

The glass is neither
Half empty and it’s not full
Looks about two thirds

Dinosaurs were here
Long before chickens laid eggs
So that settles that.


I think I’m turning
Japanese yes I think so
Could be I’m just stoned.

Tissues think they are
Better than toilet paper
Because of the box.


Let sleeping dogs lie
They’ll tell us the truth later
After they have dreamt.

Little mosquito
Just trying to make your way
I’ll rip off your wings.

Poor waif of the night
I must abandon you now
Where’s my other sock?

Daffy and Donald
In a razor-billed duck fight
Hard to say who’d win.




3 comments:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Nicely done. Who knew you were a poet? Of angry haikus?

exile said...

just once a month?
you haiku like you menstruate
typical skookum

(i totally agree on the tissues!)

SkookumJoe said...

I believe, technically, I haiku every 28 days.