Thursday, October 26, 2006

slick marketing


These are flyers I had made up in order to try and raise some capital to continue the baboon trials. As you can see, I've teamed up with a big developer to market my estate to the crusty top market buyers. It was expensive hiring a helicopter for the aerial shot of the house (it’s a bit off-centre) and they were printed using ink made exclusively from endangered species, but that’s what it takes to attract the best offers. Luckily the development company picked up all the expenses as they know it’s a guaranteed investment.


click picture for larger view

As you can see, the estate features a red roof and is on a street for easy access. There are other buildings nearby containing neighbours and a river which flows different directions depending which side you stand on.

Asking $1.7 million, will consider part trade for snowmobile.

10 comments:

exile said...

you know, if this housing developing is built on a land fill there is a good chance some of the toxins could mix with the baboons creating a Toxic Avenger style baboon.

these baboons would be immune to most common toxins and pesticides.

or they'd have cancer...

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

You're going to have some heavy competition from . They're asking $150 million, and for that it might already come with its own baboon army. You should look into taking it over.

I believe it's very close to the Playboy Mansion, which is an added bonus.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

The html breaks worked fine in the preview. Not sure why it hyperlinked everything, but whatever.

SkookumJoe said...

yes, one of those baboons had a show...90210


never mind the housing developement...that is my house indidcated there and I don't remember giving permission to be used as part of a marketing campaign. I might have, just don't remember. But if they are going to use proximity to my house as a selling feature (they are aren't they?) then I should get something.

Vivalacrap said...

you are supposed to inflate the price and then let them haggle you DOWN to 1.7

Anonymous said...

Is that Oztralian $ or Canuckian?
I like the water/green fields business.

Anonymous said...

classy looking promo like that, you could ask a lot more. if I buy it can I change the direction of the river?

SkookumJoe said...

starlet 1.7 is sort of inflated already, just a bit.

Sandra that's any type of $ I can get, even US in a pinch.

Manda where have you been? If you buy it I'll personally have the river altered to your specifications. Do you have a snowmobile to trade?

Anonymous said...

I got an old snowmobile and a 1980 Blazer with BIG MUDD Tires on it Will that do for a trade????ANd if you could make that river more like a lake....I have a 13ft boat with a 40hp motor BUT you would have to pay the shipping

SkookumJoe said...

you shouldn't have to pay shipping on a boat, don't seem right.