Sunday, October 22, 2006

Your Sunday Wrap-up and Apocalyptic Prediction


More on the triple conditioning mystery. I read the bottle again today and it said for “dry, coloured, permed or damaged hair” and for a second I thought we had an answer…but that’s four things. Incidentally my hair is none of those things, it’s just regular hair.

P4 is destined to be a producer. She can write and perform a play single handedly every ten minutes or so if you let her. Thing is they are multi-part plays and only she can see or hear the other characters. It’s very avant-garde, sort of like a schizophrenic doing pantomime. She asked me to record her act so of course I did. When she’s older I can threaten to show it to boyfriends, that’ll be fun.

Here it is Sunday night already and again. This two days off thing sucks. Sure, I know the ancients had it worse but that’s the point. Throughout history the hairless ape has been driven to improve its lot. First they moved out of trees into caves, and from caves into split-level bungalows with vinyl siding. First they struggled to hunt, then they learned to farm and finally they invented mass consumerism. What happened to all the machines that were going to run shit? I don’t want a robot that can dance, I want one that can clean the fucking gutters and fire anti-tank missiles.

Humanity is sitting around making things out of plastic to sell to each other. Evolution is being artificially sustained. What happened to the drive? We need a good meteor strike to separate the capitalists from the bushmen. If something ever shuts off the electricity for long, you’ll see a fucking power shift then. Mongolia will rise again, with their little ponies and spicy side dishes and we’ll all be the better for it. Either that or we could condense into one massive Bladerunner-esque megopolis scrabbling to survive on a paved over planet. I'd be down with that too if it meant a three day weekend.

5 comments:

exile said...

i'm acctually looking forward to a global EMP blast

of course, it could wind up like Keven Costner's "The Postman," and that would suck.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

College was the best...when you could arrange your schedule so you only had classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There were many classes I wanted to take but didn't because they would fuck up the 4 day weekend schedule.

I miss college.

SkookumJoe said...

psych 211 is on wednesday night? Well there goes that major.

heeeyyy...this post wasn't about college...you tricked me

SkookumJoe said...

never saw the postman, never will. Field of Dreams for costner and that's it.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I'm a trickster. Or a trickerette, if you prefer. ;)