Thursday, April 26, 2007

I call it old black-and-whitey

I had my old guitar shipped over from Canada. Had it since I was 16, it replaced my first guitar, which was lost in a fire. Been taken apart and soldered on and bashed and abused and painted several times, most recently back to its original black and white, a la Eric Clapton. The amplifier was pawned one too many times, in one tough time or another, but I kept hold of the guitar all these years. Sure is good to have it back with me. I really should learn to play it someday.

2 comments:

Wisdom Weasel said...

Being a Canadian, I assume that you bought your first real six-string at a 5 and dime, then played it until your fingers bled.

Too bad Jimmy quit and Jody got married, but even so they were the best days of your life, weren't they?

SkookumJoe said...

Yes but even then we knew we'd never get far. Jody took the van.