Wednesday, April 18, 2007

life is like a box of chopsticks

Sticks and stones will break your bones if they are of sufficient mass and applied with sufficient force, but names will never hurt you physically and therefore may be ignored in this context.

If you word it the usual way Australians will argue with you. Every time.

Every fucking time.

“Meet you this afternoon about 5-o-clock”
“Five is evening.”
“Fine, meet you this evening.”
“Nah, evening’s too late for me.”
“How about 4:45?”
“This afternoon?”
“Uh... sure.”
“No worries, see you then."

That’s what they do. I watch them and study them and sleep with one of them and pay to feed a couple others, I know. Fucking wear you down, that’s their caper, wear you down from the inside. Bastards.

3 comments:

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

I fucking HATE people who take every last thing literally. Our head of IT is one of these people. Can't answer a fucking question unless you word it exactly correctly, lest you end up in the same kind of discussion you just posted. It nearly turned into WWIII between department heads today.

I'm not so sure I want my promotion anymore.

Fucking Americans.

SkookumJoe said...

Big Daz's missus planted some tropical looking plants and I commented "Got yourself a new bananna patch eh?" to which he pointed out "those aren't bananas".

I said yes but "banana patch" is funnier than "new garden full of tropical looking plants".

He muttered something about fucking sarcastic canadian yankee bastards.

As the coup-de-grace I pointed out that Canadians are not, in fact, yankees.

citizen***146 said...

I kind of like it, "you want a surf?' comes out as " you wanna surf or would you rather just fight"
Australians are strange but that`s what makes them great , and of course they don`t go to meetings and are therefore not alcoholics.