Monday, March 13, 2006

Baby's Got A Good Left

I got an 8 yr old girl. Not the Mole (see: oh god, I can’t feel my eyes!), the other one. Built like a short stick, weighs about 30 pounds with her shoes on. Last year an older boy whacked her with a real stick at school. She took it off him, broke it over his head and made him cry – and she had a broken arm at the time (gymnastics minus coordination = fracture).

Last week another girl smacked her in the mouth. This time she told a teacher. The other kid claimed ‘accident’ (kid excuse #004 in the handbook). Teacher said there you go, and that was the end of it. Understandably my kid was outraged at this clear lack of due diligence on the teacher’s part, and stated this clearly and succinctly at the time…

Tomorrow I gotta go see the school-man. Gotta take time off for the school-man. If he thinks her use of the common colloquial term “bullshit” is something to get worked up about, wait till I tell him what’ll happen next time some kid smacks her. She’s got a mean temper when she’s been wronged…arm’s all healed too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the girl will be able to look after her self in life. That is a good thing!