Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Depends on your definition of 'vermin'

Well, yesterday’s post was a bit agro, even for me. Turns out I did not go on delivery after all, the apprentice must have done something bad in a past life because he was selected. Poor kid. Still, he’s a farm boy, they can take quite a bit of abuse. Of course they are also the type, when pushed too far, to just saunter outside and get the ‘pig-shootin’ rifle from behind the seat of the truck. But I’m sure we haven’t reached that point yet. Although, come to think of it, I got a lift home with him this afternoon and he had a tobacco tin full of hollow-point .22 shells on the floor. Being a polite sort, I don’t smoke in other people’s cars, which is good in this case, because there were more bullets in the ashtray. But I’m sure they’re just for ‘vermin and such’.

No comments: