Thursday, May 18, 2006

Got Prawns?

My friend Daz stopped by this afternoon and told me a joke which involved a man on a bus, eating a bag of prawns. The punch line was based on his fingers smelling like fish.

I said to my friend Daz “Who the fuck eats a bag of prawns on a bus?” He asked if we don’t eat prawns in Canada to which I said yes…but in cheap Chinese restaurants not on the bus, and not by the bloody bag-full either. He shrugged, as is the Aussie way.

You can buy prawns anywhere here. But ask for mushrooms on a hamburger? Crazy talk! Couldn’t be done, my son. I once took my travel mug into a coffee shop and asked them to fill it up. Well sir, the two ladies were flabbergasted! “But how much does it hold? Ours comes in these cups, what will we do with these cups?” Finally we settled on them pouring me two of their cups, then they watched as I poured both of those into my own mug. I paid for two coffees and left them with quite a tale to tell their families at dinner. “…was the biggest mug I ever saw. Didn’t buy any prawns, just the coffee. I think he was American.”


1 comment:

exile said...

i have a love hate relationship with stupid people... i love hating them.

un able to comprehend that the mug could hold two cups... pathetic

i usually screw with them even more once i know they're an idiot. (that's how i get so much free stuff)