Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Tale Of Two Blogs

*added May 21,2006. This post later proved to be full of errors on my part. I confused the location of The Center For Advanced Sarcasm with that of another blog I was planning to link to, which is based in Detroit. The Center For Advanced Sarcasm is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. I also placed Detroit on Lake Michigan and I should know better as I've actually been there. As the post then became a take-off on a sister city rivalry, it now makes no sense with the corrections. You might want to skip it.



Two new links added today. From the windy shores of the Great Lakes we have Over Here by the lovely Sandra in Toronto and The Center for Advanced Sarcasm, based in Charlotte, North Carolina. I steal many ideas from these two, and they post regularly, so have a look.

As you may know Toronto is Canada’s largest city, with just over two hundred citizens, and the world’s tallest pointy thing. They have a fairly decent hockey team and my brother lives there. We always said he was odd.

Another fine city, on the edge of (Correction: Detroit River), Detroit is home to the Detroit Tigers – we used to get TV from Detroit for some reason, and I became a Tigers fan in my teens. It is also home to my second favorite hockey team, after the lowly and despicable Vancouver Canucks – the Russian Red Army, also known as the Detroit Red Wings.

Toronto and Detroit used to be sister cities. But then Toronto borrowed Detroit’s favorite shoes without asking and broke a heel, so Detroit slept with Toronto’s boyfriend (Chicago) and got pregnant (Windsor). Anyway, they don’t speak now but hopefully they can come together here, in this forum of love and peace called SkookumJoe, and begin mending their hearts.

Don’t thank me, I just do what I can.

9 comments:

Sandra said...

World peace AND masssaging my already-huge ego in one single post? What a guy!

Sincerely, thank you for the link.

Sandra said...

Sorry, too many s's in masssssaging.

exile said...

fyi, i threw you some kudos on my blog

www.exileindustries.blogspot.com

SkookumJoe said...

I believe I specifically asked not to be thanked. Oh well, you've done it now, guess there's nothing else for it but to thank you back.

Thanks both of you. If either of you are planning a trip to Aus, would you mind bringing me some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Can't get them here. I'll trade you for a boomerang or a Prime Minister or something.

Unknown said...

Not to be picky, since living in Detroit doesn’t allow me to be, but we’re not on Lake Michigan.

SkookumJoe said...

DAMN! I took a guess there, really should have researched that better. Sorry H.

Detroit is of course on the Detroit river, between lakes Erie and Huron. Lake Michigan is actually in Nevada.

Dan said...

Joe, thanks for the link - I'll put yours up on my blog as well.

And I hate to be anal, but the Center for Advanced Sarcasm is not based in Detriot, but rather Charlotte, North Carolina.

I don't think I've ever even been to Detriot...

DT

SkookumJoe said...

yeah sorry Dan, I did catch that eventually, but after not even getting Detroit in the right place to start with...well I was sort of hoping the whole post would just fade away.

Apologies once again and thanks for the link.

SJ

Sandra said...

I'm definitely in Toronto...or am I?