Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Fragment

I just noticed Tool and Pink Floyd have a lot in common. I think I always knew that, but just got around to processing it.

They are calling for snow in the hills just back of here for the weekend. Snow, or chance thereof, is substantial news in a slow week, with the local radio and TV giving us updates regularly. Last time it snowed, they got an inch or so, and closed the roads. At first I thought they were just being silly chooks, getting all worked up about a little snow. Then I realized just because I can drive in the snow, doesn’t mean the guy in the oncoming semi-truck - who left Darwin in tropical heat two days ago with a snoot-full of speed, bald tires, no sleep, and zero snow experience - is up to the job. So yes, maybe better to just go ahead and close that old road, eh? Wait it out. Have a meat pie and some speed.

Of course Pink Floyd never sang about the irony of “shit, blood and cum on my hands”. But I still think there’s a strong influence.

6 comments:

exile said...

wait i second, i see the connection

in the movie the wall there is a scene with marching hammers

this was their logo for a long time.

a hammer is a tool

my god, it's almost too perfect

Amanda said...

still not seeing the connection to snow....

SkookumJoe said...

there isn't any. fragment. i don't know. i'm tired.

exile said...

amanda, snow is another word for cocaine... now you see...

Amanda said...

gosh, I'm so innocent...*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »