Saturday, June 24, 2006

United States Invades Canada, Confused By Metric System


I had a nightmare recently where I had to go back to high school…apparently I had forgotten to take grade 11. Somewhere along the line I realized that I was a grown up type person now and I did not have to go to school if I did not so desire, so I quit dream school and got a dream job.

In real high school, grade 12, I missed 58 days of school. Somewhere around October the vice principle called me in and said “Do you realize you’ve missed 15 days of school in two months?”. I admitted I hadn’t realized, hadn’t even been keeping count really. He said this was a serious matter and gave me a three day suspension. I didn’t point out the irony for fear he’d change his mind.

I did, however, graduate at the end of the year with the final tally of 58 days absent. I was outdone only by Billy Lindley, with 63 days missed. But he got a 10 day suspension for mooning a female PE teacher, which I don’t think should count. When I went up to receive my diploma the very same vice principle shook my hand, handed me a piece of paper and said “Glad you could make it.”

The piece of paper read:

Congratulations Graduate,.
You will receive your diploma by mail in 4-6 weeks.
Dept. of Education.

8 comments:

SkookumJoe said...

(frodo is replying to a comment I made on his/her blog in which he/she stated they only created the blog to get an identity, which they could then use to make comments on somebody else's "gay" site. My comment was that for someone who thinks their friend’s site is so totally "gay"...they picked a rather light-footed ID)

I stand by that statement frodo.

SkookumJoe said...

“your humor never ceases to amaze me”
- me? Or “people like me”

“calling my friends gay was pure sarcasm”
- I am aware of that.

“and have you never seen or read Lord of the Rings?”
- before you were born.

“cause last time i checked frodo wasn't gay”
- yes he was.

“i look like elijah wood.....so there.”
- yes, well, I stand corrected.

Amanda said...

frodo was gay, totally gay, liberace gay

Sandra said...

Frodo was gay? Shit, I am so naïve. Next thing you'll be telling me that Superman is gay! Ha ha ha! What....?

Amanda said...

Superman? nah. but Wonder Woman - deffo.
and the Hulk too, all that repression

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Isn't Elijah Wood gay?

exile said...

oh, no no, frodo was gay
very gay

sam, he was his bitch

when we apply the "peanuts" theory of homosexuality it stats it clearly.

in relationship of Peppermint Patty to Marcy it was a clearly shown that they were in fact lesbians, with marcy always calling patty "sir".

sam in lord of the rings also calls frodo by the same title

sorry, frodo you're gay, and if you're not, then the guy you have sex with is.

SkookumJoe said...

* This argument carries over into the comments on the next day's post ("Oh Happy Day").