Thursday, June 29, 2006

RIP Molly Moo, aka Boodles


I admit that last post was a piece of crap, it’s been a busy week. Haven’t even had time to finish setting up the new super computer. I seem to require at least one of every cable type known to man…S-video, RF, RCA, CAT 5, VGA, USB, co-axial…and of course adapters from one to the other.

I was going to make up for it, with several promising ideas and not much else on tonight…only to arrive home to find my little one in tears over a dead cat. According to the neighbor they held a pigeon race nearby and the area was inundated by pigeons with poor navigation skills. Our young Molly spied some pigeons arguing over a map and decided to take a shot. She was flattened by a soccer mom in a ford explorer chatting on a phone while passing the baby a bottle and simultaneously smacking it’s older brother.

Interesting thing is the neighbor who witnessed the incident said “I was meaning to go pick it up before school let out, but you know”. Yeah, I know. You’re too fucking stupid to remove a dead cat from your own front lawn. ‘Course you are. Just leave it there all day so my eight-year-old can trip over it on the way home from school. Tra-la-la, happy day…oh there’s my dead mangled kitten.

So then a funeral and burial had to be hastily arranged, the garden fence repaired so the dogs don’t dig the damn thing up, a grave marker decorated and planted. I believe a prayer was said. This leaves us with one cat, Stumpy the grumpy Manx.

My wife and child then went to gymnastics. They returned home two hours later with my other daughter, dinner and…another fucking cat (Polly, no Princess, no Polly, no Holly). So now my daughter is alternating between periods of joy and silliness with a new kitten, and episodes of pure naked anguish over the ex-Molly, now 2½ feet under. These moods alternate at about ten minute intervals. But she’s a tough kid and she’ll be ok. And if all else fails, anything fart-related cracks her right up, so we just feed her beans until she gets over it.

5 comments:

exile said...

wow, they moved on quickly.

makes you wonder what happens when the skook goes to pasture

"i miss papa-skook, but look at my brand new baboon army."

Sandra said...

1. Sorry about your cat.
2. But your wee lady kicks ass.
3. Let's set the baboons on that thoughtless bitch of a neighbour of yours.

Amanda said...

yep what is wrong with the neighbour? why would you just leave it. what about the one who ran it over, does she even know?

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Want me to stab someone? Cuz I will.

SkookumJoe said...

ahh, you're all so kind. (*snif* nobody ever stabbed anyone for me before *snif*)

Yes Sandra, these sorts of people are the intended prey of the baboon horde