Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Subterranean Network Blues

The cool little 8” touch screen to go with the new electronic tabulator was delivered by the ebay fairy yesterday and I’m pleased to report it works as advertised. I got a little scare when suddenly ebay declared them no longer a registered user…two days after I transferred $240 to Hong Kong. But my email enquiry was answered the same day with a shipping date and tracking number, and the unit showed up the day after that. I’m not positive, but I think this means I’ve won one.

I need to go under the house now and string the network cable. It is not fun under there. Here is a photo of under there.

This is under the sundeck, under the house is much
more darker-er. Like a scene from Videodrome isn't it?

Nothing like a four pound cobweb wrapped twice around your entire head. Luckily the webs are that strong if you are quick you can stop before breaking it. If you are not quick you will feel it stretttttttch, and SNAP - you’re wearing a spider-silk turban, with little embalmed insects for jewels and the former owner scuttling down the back of your neck.

But I’ll be alright, I’ll send the dogs in first to scare off the little ones. And I’ve found if you jab a fiery torch at the bigger ones and throw them, say, half a pig – they generally leave you alone. Still, if you don’t hear from me for a while…


well... I suppose you’ll just go on with your lives, won’t you. (beat) Good for you! Soldier on, that’s the boy/girl.

5 comments:

exile said...

my friend used to have spiders all over the front of his house, so we gon into the habbit of walking with arms flailing infront of us. the neighbors thought we were nuts

you know, you could always knock that shit down with a broom before you go in... just say'n

Amanda said...

looks like a job for the flamethrower to me

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Or hate rays.

SkookumJoe said...

actually exile, that's what I do...but that's not funny like burning torches etc...so like, i don't write that. shhh it's a secret.

not really sure a flamethrower under the house is a good idea Amanda...maybe I could lure the spiders out and toast em on the lawn...invite the neighbors..throw another arachnid on the barbie.

Yes, about the hate rays, Exo..I'm sure they're all supercooled and all, but what exactly do they do?

exile said...

hate rays emit hate

i'm not sure how they work, but when my girlfriend shot them at me this weekend i felt a cold sweat emerge from my brow. so what ever they are, they're some strong stuff.