Tuesday, June 13, 2006

If this was your blog, you'd be home by now.


Jeez I can’t look at that stupid picture (Aussie Sheila) anymore. Sadly there really are women like that out here. Not white trash but white middle-class trash – queens of suburbia. Is the series Kath & Kim shown outside Australia? Well, that shit’s not far wrong.

Mr. Jutra is back from his holiday. Go say hello.

My computer mouse, she’s loco. The pointer keeps trying to escape off the top of the screen. I re-installed the drivers, did multiple virus scans, and bashed it on the desk – the limit of my technical knowledge. If anyone knows what might ail my mouse please let me know. Do not say “Give it some cheese”. Please, just don’t.

I am supposed to be tiling the bathroom. We are getting a new, bigger, shower enclosure. I’ll let you know if it’s any different than a regular sized shower. By the way, would anyone like to buy my house? I’m quite serious. I was planning to move to Tasmania in a few years, but this job is sucking out the very core of my soul, and eating it. I think I want to go now, please.

(above is a photo of the local area. The blue thing at the top is the Tasman Sea, nice beaches, good surfing, not many sharks)

8 comments:

Dan said...

If anyone knows what might ail my mouse please let me know.

Mine did the same a while back, I just bought a new one.

exile said...

well, if your mouse has a ball then i know how to fix it.

what you do is remove the ball (ouch) and with a thin sharp knife (xacto) lightly scrape all the hand funk off the wheels. this will allow the comp to interprate the rolling better

if the mouse is optical try cleaning your mouse pad or completely replacing it. (optical mice get confused by dust)

and if that doesnt' work then rub some cheetah blood on it.

Amanda said...

yeah I was going to suggest the cleaning routine too, not tried the cheetah blood so can't comment on that.

SkookumJoe said...

No, sorry not dirty rollers. This is far more than that. Pointer keeps trying to sneak back up to the top of the screen, then sometimes just goes mental and starts flicking all over the screen. Then it stops. On it's own. Without me touching it.

Not doing it at all today. I think Dan's right, it's just plain broken.

I guess this means nobody wants to buy my house.

exile said...

is it a mickey mouse house?

Amanda said...

btw how did you get this photo?
and I used to watch Kath and Kim (lookatmae, look atmae)but the Trailer Park Boys are a good substitute

SkookumJoe said...

It is a skookum house.

Got it on the Google Amanda. I was going to hire an airplane to take my own photo, but it seemed excessive for this forum.

exile said...

amanda i have the TPB on DVD (season 3)

i had never heard of the show, but i got it as a gift