Sunday, June 25, 2006

Oh Happy Day

Its coming today, he-he, ha-ha. For seven months I have been saving up my pocket money for this machine. I went to visit it during The Build last week…there it was, proud silver beast sitting on the technician’s bench, left side laid exposed as it allowed him to tinker with its precious workings. One, two, three matt black hard drives like stacked obelisks of data – 480 gigabytes, can you imagine? Two matched 500mb ddr ram chips, with room for two more. The graphics card…oh the graphics card. The graphics card has more memory alone than this computer I am using now. This computer with it’s Celeron chip and it’s 64mb onboard graphics. By this afternoon I shall be experiencing 256mb of PCI-e graphics. Pardon me while I shudder in anticipation. Did I mention 8.1 channel sound? What are the extra 3 channels? Hell if I know! Dual monitor, dual TV-out, dual layer DVD. Multiple video inputs. All powered by the respectable AMD 64 3200 processor. This is the 939 chipset which allows me to upgrade to a dual core if need be.

The missus has the car so it’s time to call in a favor from
big Daz and arrange transport. Oh happy day, tra-la-la.

….jeez, that frodo dude may be right. (comments, yesterday’s post)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

your computer thing sounds pretty cool

SkookumJoe said...

frodo, it gets kind of confusing for people if you carry on comments from one post into another.

C.S. Lewis? Or Lewis Carol? doesn't matter, both gay as they come. Proper dandies they were. I heard Oscar Wilde used to beat them up.

I'm guessing you are 24. Do I win anything?

Amanda said...

confused by the reference to Christian undertones - not a good thing to mention if you are arguing against something being gay see any story involving Catholic priests in the last 10 years.

Sandra said...

Isn't the standard of spelling and grammar dreadful among the Youf of Today?

Interestingly, Frodo, to the best of my understanding of Catholic theology, there is nothing whatsoever wrong with being gay. However, all single people, gay or otherwise, are called to celibacy. End of religious monologue.

Anonymous said...

sorry,i really really hate sounding preachy....im not like that at all,its just...you were,well......wrong

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Not to throw fuel on the fire (hey, Skookum, there's another one!)but Catholicism is a branch of Christianity.

Parrots are a type of birds.
Not all birds are parrots.
But all parrots are birds.

Capice?

Sandra said...

Frodo, my dear misguided young person, I think you will find that Catholicism is in fact a Christian denomination. I also know the definition of "different" already, thank you. And yes, I bet you that I am right - there is nothing wrong with being homosexual, the same way there is nothing wrong with being straight. What the Catholic Church teaches, however, is that all unmarried persons should be celibate.

I, too, do not care to preach, but you are quite wrong in both your assertions.

Amanda said...

frodo, you think Catholics are not Christians?
really?
how old are you again?

Amanda said...

eh?

Sandra said...

I promised to be quiet. This is me, being quiet and well-behaved.

exile said...

um frodo, Tolkien was gay.

he was very gay

middle earth was a metaphore for a state in which gay marrage was allowed. it's true, the shire was a version of san francisco.

do you think hobbits are so short?
it saves on the wear and tear on their knees

SkookumJoe said...

*comments continue in following day's post "Frodo-A-Gogo"